How are you today? I realised that not a lot of people ask me that question and even when I do, I’m not too sure how I should answer this. Because more often than not, when we do say that we are “good”, the next question that pops up is, “are we truly?” Because, I know that I’m not really “good”. I’m more of an “okay. meh. whatever.” But things will come around and life will seem sunnier once again.
Here are what I am thankful for this week:
- Family: Special shoutout to the Mothership over here. God knows, I get my patience and all that jazz from her. Maybe a bit of an evolved version I suppose. haha. I am equally (or occasionally more) sensitive than she is, but not in the least emotional. lol.
The Mothership is also very supportive of the nonsensical horse shit I usually put myself through and like me, believes that I will learn from my mistakes. Most of these are work-induced of course. For other nonsensical horse shit there is alcohol! 😀
- Friends: Particularly this guy. I don’t know what I’ll do without this chap as my constant drinking companion and best friend. I’d probably want to get married only because I would want to have him and hislovelylady in my retinue. (apart from the very fancy bridal shoes of course!)
He also sends me random images on whatsapp to tell me I’m not mad.
- Letter Earthlings: I’ve written about them before but I don’t see any harm in doing so again. I attended the second letter writing circle on Sunday and we had nearly 20 people! It was such an emotional experience (in a non-Miss Universe way) and I am truly humbled to be a part of this initiative.
- Productivity and Time-off: Two very contrasting elements juxtaposed, last week was a chaotic blend of both of these. The first half of the week was brilliant with me getting things done, items checked off my to-do lists, while the second half included taking a new yoga class and spending some time with the ones I love / my favourite boy.
- This series: I started this series, “Giving Thanks” with the intention of giving myself a little reminder on the many good things I have in my life that I might overlook. I do at times wonder why I didn’t start it at the beginning of the year, but into my seventh week, I feel truly blessed about everything in my life and cannot be happier when beautiful people like Shifani takes it on as well. 🙂
I also got back on Bloglovin’. Yay!
What are you thankful for this week?