Hello my loves and Happy New Year! And no, before you ask me, this isn’t a daily thing even though I’ve written yesterday and the day before that 🙂 I just wanted to come on here and put out my wishes to the world for 2020, hoping that some of it will manifest, for both you and I.
- If 2019 was particularly difficult for you whether it was money, health, relationships, work, school, business or something that was you identified as a struggle, I hope this year brings you less of it and more of the good stuff. A friend of mine (Kevin) once told me in 2013, “Seni, after having a hard time and hitting rock bottom, there is no way to go but up” and it’s something I still hold dear to me. Thank you, Kevin.
- Was 2019 a blast for you? I couldn’t be happier! I hope the momentum continues and 2020 is only bigger and better for you.
- I wish that this New Year will also help you find some peace with concepts you’ve found difficult to deal with, be it the self, identity, gender or something else that you haven’t been able to find clarity in.
- I wish for you to be able to heal from something that you’ve kept with you for so long. Be it an old wound (or new) or an event in your life that you haven’t been able to move forward with.
- And finally – I am not one to really have resolutions or goals per se for the New Year because I usually start them at any point of the year when I am most motivated – I wish for you to be able to see through any resolutions or goals you have set for this year or happen to be continuing from the last. The road might get challenging, but sometimes the most important thing you can do is to show up.
Bonus: I also wish that you have great profile pictures on all of your social media channels.
I don’t have anything solid set out for 2020 yet. There are some travel plans in motion, but it depends on work and other things really. However, on what I do know is that I WENT OUT LAST NIGHT. I have had a mini house party once and I went to a bigger house party a few years ago, but I haven’t really gone out on the 31st for the twenty-something years of my life! I decided it was now or never. So I cabbed myself to an okay-ish bar and then walked to Galle Face to see the fireworks. For the first time, in a long time, in the midst of a gazillion people I didn’t know, I didn’t feel too alone and I also didn’t feel too overwhelmed. I also didn’t face any harassment, so wins all around. I also learnt that my alcohol consumption has drastically reduced but that sad story can be left for another day.
Also did you know that it’s perfectly normal for a) people to dance like crazy for music by Train and b) to bring children to a bar? Interesting times indeed!
Here are some lazy pictures I took with my new fancy phone.
So what were you up to?
Also, I started a public-ish gratitude journaling idea on Twitter in case you wanted to join in the fun.
Until next time, hope this year is off to a good start for you.