A number of different, yet still strange, exciting, exhausting few days.
20th May 2020
Went to Thilina’s vegetable shop! So nice to be back in a familiar space. Thilina seemed well.
Went to Tasty and bought ifthar treats for the next three days!
Also it was my car’s fourth anniversary 💗
21st May 2020
Went to a slightly bigger supermarket, which was nice. And I might have found a new supermarket find! #SenisSupermarketFinds
22nd May 2020
23rd May 2020
24th May 2020
Eid Mubarak! Cooked way too much food for Eid. It was glorious.
25th May 2020
Played a game of Scrabble with Mama. She won by six points despite me having the high-scoring letters. Do not be complacent when playing Scrabble, kids.
26th May 2020
- Managed to call my Mac repair guy and he answered! I might almost have a new-looking laptop sooner, than later!
- Went to the bank, which meant I managed to get some personal-admin work done.
- I also walked to the bank (despite very confusing weather) and managed to get a free workout.
27th May 2020
Tried new biscuits!
Tried Aqeela’s (a very witty, beautiful Twitter friend) trick and now I have more of my favourite cleanser to use! Also treated my face and hair to some much needed at home TLC to look less of a hot mess.
28th May 2020
- Did something normal, went for coffee with Mum at this little bakery-restaurant close to home. I was more paranoid than I should be but it was nice to have some outside food for a change.
- I also went shopping for pants. I really needed new pants. Despite not being able to try them on or return it, the measuring tape really does the job!
29th May 2020
- Got my laptop fixed today! It seems like a new machine now – I also drove back and forth in exactly two hours and got back 🤩
- Made dinner and plated it as per Ahamed’s suggestion and I think it looks decent 😂
- Did a scary (decent) thing on the internet and made new friends including Nadeesha Paulis, Aisha and my kindred spirit Sharon!
- ⬆️ Partly glad I said yes to my lead guitarist Enosh Praveen and going ahead with it without backing out!
- Grateful to my favourite people from world over: my sister, Umesh, Chathu, Jo and Bhagya for being there through my shivers and over-blinking eyes 😭
So tell me, what were you grateful for these past few days?
PS – I have a Facebook page that I’m still not too comfortable throwing around, but want you all to (secretly) know about 🙂